Sunday, August 19, 2007

 

Day 4: Sheridan, Wyoming

Total Miles Traveled: 2,270

Custer is in the heart of the Black Hills. I’ve got to say that the Black Hills are quite pretty. I started the day out at Mount Rushmore. This was a nice place to visit since I’m such a history buff.

While at Rushmore, twice I heard something like this: Oh, hang on, there’s something wrong with the camera. Hey, I think the battery’s dead. Oh, crap! You’ve got to be kidding me!

Does that make any sense? Hmmmm! If I’m going somewhere touristy/scenic/historical, one of the first things I will do is to make sure my camera’s battery is fully charged. It was hard not to, but I didn’t laugh at either of these people.

After Rushmore, I went to the southern part of Badlands National Park. There is a remote spot called Sheep Mountain Table that I wanted to see. The road, which is about 7 miles long, is only accessible to high clearance vehicles. The view was worth the trip. It was a little hazy, but it was still very nice. I only saw one other person the entire time I was out there and that was on my way off of the table. I stopped and ate lunch while I was out there. There are some nice restaurants in Houston, but this view was hard to beat.





I stopped at the Devil’s Tower National Monument on my way to Sheridan.



Tomorrow I’m off to Yellowstone!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?